Ads 720 x 90

Better-than-takeout chicken fried rice


Here is my version of this classic dish  Better-than-takeout chicken fried rice

Here is my version of this classic dish – not that I have any claim to being an authority on what is “authentic” Chinese food. I am an authority, however, on what is super incredibly yummy. This rice gets my stamp of approval, with honors. It is better than takeout, and you can enjoy skipping

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 cup rice
  • 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I recommend slow cooker chicken teriyaki)
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • ½ cup frozen peas
  • 4 carrots, diced
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 tablespoons sesame oil (or you can substitute butter!)
  • ¼ cup soy sauce
  • Optional: sesame seeds

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. Prepare 1 cup rice with two cups water in a rice cooker or on the stovetop.
  2. Meanwhile, heat sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, peas, and carrots. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
  3. Crack eggs into pan and scramble, mixing with vegetables.

Read more...

Related Posts

Post a Comment